How To Download Your Raw DNA Data
Gene Heritage works with DNA data from AncestryDNA, 23andMe, FamilyTreeDNA, MyHeritage, Living DNA, and Genes for Good. If you've had DNA collected with another provider, you still might be able to upload a raw DNA file from them. Try uploading the file or contact us.
- Sign in to your Ancestry account.
- Click the DNA tab and select Your DNA Results Summary.
- Click SETTINGS on the right side of the page.
- Click DOWNLOAD RAW DNA DATA on the right side of the page.
- Enter your password and click CONFIRM. This will trigger an email containing a link to confirm the download.
- Open the email and click Confirm Data Download.
- Click DOWNLOAD DNA RAW DATA.
- The file will be downloaded to your computer.
- Navigate to you.23andme.com/tools/data/
(or click on Tools in the navigation bar at the top of your homepage and select the Raw Data card from the available tools)
- click Download Raw Data in the top navigation bar
- re-enter your account password if prompted
Gene Heritage can only use raw data from the Family Finder product of FamilyTreeDNA (not Y-DNA nor mtFull Sequence).
Instructions from The FamilyTreeDNA Learning Center on how to download raw DNA data from Family Finder:
- Sign in to your myFTDNA account.
- On the menu bar, click myFTDNA > MyDNA > Family Finder > Download Raw Data.
- Click on the data and build you wish to download.
Visit the following instructions from Living DNA to download autosomal DNA data in TXT format.Instructions from Living DNA
Genes for Good
One of the data files provided by Genes for Good is in a compatible data format, namely:
Most of the data files provided by Genes for Good are not compatible, in particular, none of the files with ".vcf" of ".tbi" in the filename are compatible.