People normally have two alleles per gene, one inherited from their mother and one inherited from their father.
This allele originates from an ancient Eurasian mutation that occurred thousands of years ago.
This allele has been widespread globally for tens of thousands of years.
It is the combination of a person's pair of gene alleles that influences traits.
The OR6B2 gene is located on chromosome 2 and encodes the protein named "Olfactory receptor 6B2", which influences the reported traits.
|U.S. National Center for Biotechnology Information||389090|
- "Studies on volatile organic compounds of some truffles and false truffles." PMID 25103776
- "Comparison of Aroma-Active Volatiles in Oolong Tea Infusions Using GC-Olfactometry, GC-FPD, and GC-MS." PMID 26257073
- "Identification of regions associated with variation in sensitivity to food-related odors in the human genome." PMID 23910658
- "Use of gas chromatography-olfactometry to identify key odorant compounds in dark chocolate. Comparison of samples before and after conching." PMID 11929301
- "Identification and characterization of the aroma-impact components of Thai fish sauce." PMID 25730550
- "Sensory and chemical properties of Gouda cheese." PMID 29274971
- "Identification of distinctive volatile compounds in fish sauce." PMID 12207484
- "Characterization of volatile aroma compounds in different brewing barley cultivars." PMID 24862930